Answers To Parish Directory Quiz
How well do you know Corpus Christi?
1. In what month and year was Corpus Christi founded?August 1999
2. Who was the first pastor of Corpus Christi? Father Richard Kingsley
3. Who was the bishop when Corpus Christi was founded? Bishop Manuel Moreno
4. In 2000, where was the Easter morning mass held?On the church property in the dirt, under a tent. People brought their own chairs to sit.
5. What is on the property just east of the church?A labyrinth
6. The base of the church altar is an actual tree stump made of mesquite. What do the base and top together represent?The Tree of Life
7. What words, in twelve languages, are engraved on the Peace Pole in the courtyard?May peace prevail on Earth
8. Who has been the director of music since 1999?Jana Gee
9. What did the Boy Scouts build around the church?Meditation Mile with the Stations of the Cross
10. What is Corpus Christi's website address?www.cccctucson.org. But you already knew that, didn’t you, or you wouldn’t be here!
11. Who designed the Stations of the Cross?Members of an early Youth Group
12. Whose statue is in the Courtyard?St Francis of Assisi
13. When ground was broken for the church, a large pile of dirt was placed where the altar is today. What was on top of that pile?An old rugged cross
14. Who was Corpus Christi's first employee?John Salapski, Business Manager
15. What October activity brings in funds which are then distributed to the various ministries?The Fall Arts & Crafts Boutique
16. What is on the property just north of the church?A vegetable garden from which you may take produce
17. What is the month and year of the first mass celebrated in the completed church?March 2009
18. What is the name of the Corpus on the wall behind the altar?The Sonoran Christ
19. Who created and collaborated on that?Father Richard Kingsley and David & Julia Andreas
20. What do Father Chris & Bishop Wiesenburger have in common?They attended the same seminary at Louvain in Belgium
Corpus Christi Catholic Church / 300 N Tanque Verde Loop Road / Tucson, AZ 85748 / 520-751-4235